Are you interested in listing your event on this website?
If you are an event organiser, or you are running an event in Canberra or the region which has broad community appeal, then you may be eligible to list your event on this website for free.
In order for events to appear on this website, they must meet the criteria set out by the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW)
Eligible events must fall into one or more of these categories:
- Food and Wine
- Exhibitions and displays
- Festivals and celebrations
- Concerts and performances
- Talks and workshops
Eligible community events are public events in a public venue, specially targeting attendance from the broader Canberra community.
Events for special interest groups or specific demographics are not eligible. School fetes, church fairs, fundraisers, personal/professional development courses, business /networking events and regular/permanent events are ineligible for listing.
For more information on eligibility requirements and the listing process please see our ADTW listing guide. It is full of helpful hints!
If you are unsure whether your event meets the eligibility requirements, please contact the Digital Database Coordinator during business hours on P: 02 6205 0029 or email
WHAT YOU’LL NEED BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Before you start entering details into ATDW, please ensure that you have:
- A main description of your event between 50 and 200 words that follows the listing guidelines here and sells your offering without including dates, times, addresses, costs, URLs, phone numbers or email addresses
- Between one and ten photos, at least 2048 pixels wide x 1536 pixels high to appear against your listing
- Not entered any portrait sized photos, logos or photos containing text as these won't be accepted
- Information such as prices, facilities and contact details
HOW TO LIST YOUR EVENT
If your event is eligible and you have all of the necessary information ready, click the REGISTER TO LIST YOUR EVENTS FOR FREE button to the right.
Select I WANT TO CREATE AN ATDW LISTING FOR MY BUSINESS OR EVENT and follow the prompts to continue.
Once you submit your event for review, approval can take 2-5 business days.
You will receive an automated email advising you when your event has been approved.
Your event should appear on this website within 48 hours of approval.
ALTERNATIVE PROMOTIONAL OPTIONS
If your event is not suitable for ATDW, you may wish to try the following promotional avenues:
- http://communitiesonline.org.au specifically for community organisations and smaller events
- www.1047.com.au and/or www.mix106.com.au for their Community Switchboards
- www.capitalmagazine.com.au for cultural and artistic events
- www.outincanberra.com.au for Arts and Food/Wine events